What we do with the information we collect off you
www.deva.org.uk (our site) is owned and operated by Methven UK Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (company registration no. 06290166) whose registered office is at Eversheds House, 70 Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester, M1 5ES ("Methven").
Methven UK Ltd is the controller of your information. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we strictly adhere to the provisions of the relevant data protection acts.
If you are concerned about the confidentiality of any information given, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When would we collect information about you
- When you visit the website;
- When you contact us using our website contact form;
- If you report a problem with our website.
What information we may collect from you
When you visit our site we may collect and process the following information about you:
- your name;
- your e-mail address;
- your telephone number;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to our site.
The web server also automatically collects certain information which relates to every visitor to our site, including:
- your IP address (where available), operating system, browser type and the geographical location of your computer, for system administration purposes.
- We may also collect information such as products viewed and searched for, the average time on the site, top visited pages and page response times. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
What we do with the Information
We will hold, use and disclose your information for our legitimate business purposes including:
- to answer your queries;
- to monitor website usage and provide statistics to third parties for the purposes of improving and developing our website and the services we provide via our website. Please note that any such statistics and/or information provided to third parties will be made on a confidential basis and will not include information that can be used to identify any individual;
- to help keep the website safe and secure;
How we share your information
In certain circumstances we will share your information with other parties. Details of those parties are set out below along with the reasons for sharing it:
- Members of our group, including our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries: as certain processing functions within the group are centralised;
- Trusted third parties: In order to provide certain services, we will share your information with third party service providers such as IT infrastructure companies and Analytics and search engine providers, that assist us in the maintenance, improvement and optimisation of our website. We ensure that any third-party service we utilise complies with strict data protection standards.
Where we store your information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we hold your information
We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which we have collected it. The criteria that we use to determine retention periods will be determined by the nature of the information and the purposes for which it is kept.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the information you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Please note that if you set your computer to not accept cookies, there may be certain features/areas on our website that you may not be able to use. You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
Your rights relating to your information
You have certain rights in relation to personal information we hold about you. Details of these rights and how to exercise them are set out below:
- Right to Access. You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information about you that we hold, and to confirm the nature of the information and how it is used.
- Right to rectification. If information we hold about you is not accurate, or is out of date or incomplete, and requires amendment or correction you have a right to have the information rectified, updated or completed.
- Right to Erasure. In some circumstances, you have the right to request that information we hold about you is erased e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed or our processing of the information is based on your consent and there are no other legal grounds on which we may process the information.
- · Right to Restrict Processing. In some circumstances you have the right to restrict our use of your information, such as in circumstances where you contest the accuracy of the personal information; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal information for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection.
- · Right to Object to Processing. In some circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your information, e.g. if we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interests and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your rights and interests.
- Right to Data Portability. In some circumstances, you have a right to receive any information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You can ask us to transmit that information to you or directly to a third-party organisation.
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority. You have a right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. Details of how to contact the ICO can be found on their website: https://ico.org.uk
- Right to withdraw consent. To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
You can exercise any of the above rights in relation to your personal information by contacting us using the details below:
- by post, by writing to:
Methven UK Ltd
Methven Experience Centre
3/3A Stonecross Court
Yew Tree Way
- using our website contact form;
- by email, at email@example.com;
- by telephone, on 0800 195 1602;
- by fax, on 08444 068 690.
You can exercise your rights free of charge.
Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your rights.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.